Where should I learn English?
There are numerous countries that speak English as their official language. Students who want to study English abroad may be confused about which country they should choose. As a consultant who travels to many English-speaking countries, my advice will be as follows:
Firstly students who want to study English abroad should answer the following questions.
Which English accent do I love more? Which accents are better suited for me?
- Is it the English accent because it is the homeland of English? Or would you desire to speak with an American accent that we hear in the Hollywood movies. You should select your country depending on which accent you prefer the most.
What is my budget?
- If you don’t have a restricted budget, you can choose cities and countries that will provide you with a climate comfort during summer and winter. E.g. America Los Angeles, Canada Vancouver, UK southern cities or Australia, New Zealand…
- If your budget is very limited, then you can consider countries like Ireland and Malta. Especially during the winter season English language schools offer striking discounts.
- If your budget is adequate, you can always find an alternative school in the UK, USA and Canada…
What other opportunities do I expect from the country I will select?
- If you want to travel a lot and would like to learn English by interacting with the community I would highly recommend you to choose capital cities. Since social life will be very rich, it will not be very difficult to find people to talk to.
- Countries that do not charge fees for health problems may be preferred. The UK offers free health services to people who have a student visa.
- Countries that offer employment opportunities to people who have a student visa are limited. The permits of the countries vary according to the different registration periods. I would recommend you to seek advice from your counselor based on the time you intend to stay.
Each country has its own advantages and disadvantages. It will be easier for you to decide if you are provided with all the information before registration.
I wish you good luck!